Scrolling

A striking yet calm monochromatic Swedish home

Hello there! I promised myself I would show a colourful home tour today, and then I spotted this dreamy Swedish space and had to share it! Monochrome home tour it is then. I love the contrast between the elegant high ceilings and original period features and the contemporary dark wood floor pooled with light- it's just so striking, don't you think?! The open-shelving in the kitchen, study and bedroom help to create a really light and airy feel and add interest. *sigh* what a truly lovely space....










Stadshem. Photographer: Janne Olander. Styling: Emma Fischer

Could you imagine tinkering away in that music room / study?  I'm imagining music flooding the home on a summer's evening. I'd love to be able to play the piano - a friend of mine is a musician and she says it's wonderfully therepeutic. Do you play?

Plus they really add to a home - this Swedish family home and striking Danish home with a calm feel have beautiful pianos too.

A note on where a few items are from: Study: Eames DSW chair, floor lamp. Bedroom: linen bedding, clamp reading lamps. Sitting room: elephant cushion, DLM side table, WQ print, Feather pendant light. Kitchen: letter cups.

In case you were after that home bursting with colour today, do you remember this home with black floors and vibrant hues? Which look is more you? I could go either way - or perhaps meet somewhere in the middle?

Have a wonderful day!

PS Do you live in a high-rise but long for a pool? - These guys have found the answer. How terrific is that?! Not for the faint-hearted though....

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Your blog is a gold mine regarding minimalist northern design interior looks. You have an eye for putting it all together and I really admire you for that ! Bravo, thank you and keep it up :)
    Manon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manon - what a lovely message to receive - thank you, I'm so happy to hear you like the homes I choose.

      Delete
  2. Amazing home, amazing monohromatic colors. I`m in love with lamps esspecially in "office" (room with piano). Dark floor is very freak in this interiors but in my opinion looks incredibly here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love monochromatic. The lack of colour brings out all the textures and layers so nicely. It feels peaceful and effortless. You always find the best interiors. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I always look forward to your posts. It would be my dream to achieve this kind of look in my house, my only problem is that my inner colour freak wins all the time. You feature a lot of monochromatic homes. Would you have any recommendations for white paint colours? I'm about to repaint and choosing a white colour is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are the ringtones you are using?
    I have the best free quality ringtone collection that you and anyone can refer and install here: ringtonedownload

    Unique ringtone. Ringtones are attractive. Ringtones for everyone in the world. Here are the most downloaded songs of the day:

    - Mere Dil Ko Tere Dil Ki Zarurat Hai ringtone Download
    - Zingaat Hindi ringtone Download
    - Mere Sunne Sunne Par ringtone Download
    - Meri Zindagi Sawaari ringtone Download
    - Pilla Ra ringtones Download

    Hope my ringtone collection brings a new look to the ringtone world. Thank you for your interest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO